Saturday 5 October 2013

Leaving The City Of Regret Is Up To You

Leaving the City of Regret
 

I had not planned on taking a trip this time of the year, yet I found myself packing hurriedly. This trip was going to be unpleasant and I knew in advance that no good would come of it. I’m talking about my annual Guilt Trip. I got tickets to fly there on ‘Wish I Had’ airlines. It was an extremely short flight. I got my baggage which I couldn’t check, I chose to carry it myself all the way there. It was weighted with a thousand memories of what might have been. No one greeted me as I entered the terminal to the Regret City International Airport. As I checked into the last resort hotel, I noticed they were hosting this years annual Pity Party. Well I wasn’t going to miss that great social occasion, because most citizens would be there. First, attending would be the ‘Done’ family. You know, Should’ve Done, Would’ve Done, and Could’ve done. Then came the ‘I Had’ family. You know ole’ Wish I Had & his clan. And then of course the Opportunities would be there, Missed Opportunities and Lost Opportunities. But the biggest family of all was the ‘Yesterdays‘, there are far too many of them to count, but each one had a sad story to tell. Then Shattered Dreams would surely make an appearance and its their fault. Surely, Shattered Dreams would tell us stories and excuses about how things failed in their life, saying they shouldn’t be blamed and they couldn’t help it. To make a long story short, I went to this party knowing there was no benefit in doing so.

If your planning a trip to the City of Regret, cancel your reservations. Instead take a trip to a new place, Starting Again. My neighbours there have been very helpful to me. You dont have to carry baggage there, if you make it there some day then look me up, I live on 'I Can Do It' Street.

5 comments:

  1. I just want to tell you thank you and that I realize that I don't have to look back over my past with regrets I know I can do it and that what you this morning and it was very powerful I had to look it up and take my time reading it and oh boy did it remind me of me and I will see you on I can do it Street in Jesus name amen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought property on I can do it street. It's been a long time coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your sermons and I wish I could get a copy of the city of regret.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just sent in a comment my name is Thomas Miedl

      Delete
  4. You that is so true. Why do we do that? Jesus and my heavenly Father don't remember my sins. I I shouldn't remind anyone else of there's. Forgive me Lord? Thanks for always directing us back to the light. My our Lord continue to bless you with good health. God bless you. Sara

    ReplyDelete